Mai Châu is a rural district of Hòa Bình Province in the Northwest region of Vietnam. The district is located at about 160 km from Ha Noi. The scenery of Mai Châu attracts many tourists. The Mai Châu area is well known for its stilt houses. The type of stilt houses, or pile dwellings, they construct are called Thai stilt houses and are made of bamboo and timber. These houses are elevated 10–12 feet off the ground in order to avoid water damage and shelter animals from the elements.
DAY 1 Ha Noi- Mai Chau (L,D) 7:30-8:00 - Pickup at your hotel depart to Mai Chau.
10:00 - Short break in 25 minutes on haft way.
11:30-12:00 - Scenic photo stop of Mai Chau valley/arrive in Mai Chau.
12:15 - Traditional lunch in local village. (vegetarian available).
13:00-15:00 - Bicycle ride with local tour guide, see farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves and visit surrounding peaceful villages.
15:00-18:00 - Free time for bicycling, walking, shopping
18:00 - Visit Thai living museum for Traditional BBQ dinner
19:30 - Watch Thai traditional dance in the stilt house
Enjoy Tradidional alcohol (ruou can) with the community
DAY 2 :Mai Chau- Hanoi (B,L)
7:30-8:00 - Wakeup and eat breakfast
8:30-11:30 - Hike to 1000 Step Cave and local market
12:15 - 15:00 - Lunch and free time to relax before getting on the van to Hanoi
18.00- Drop you off at your hotel
- Pick-up and transfer by A/C modern bus.
- English speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees to sites indicated in itinerary
- Meals as : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Beverages, tax and personal expenses
- Others not clearly mentioned above
- Baby Cost is free of charge and according to availability.
- Children under 5 years old will be free of charge.
- Children from 5 to under 9 years old 75%
- From 10 and above will be charged as adult (100% tour price)